The Penn Slammer series are designed for anglers who target the hardest fighting sportfish, PENN’s new Slammer IV spinning range takes the ultimate workhorse reel to another level.
Building off a proven platform of an IPX6 sealed body and spool from the Slammer III range, PENN has redesigned the Dura-Drag system in the Slammer IV to not only be better sealed, but also offer a wider range of usable drag, all while being bearing supported for extra smoothness. The HT-100 drag technology is packed into the small, but tough, 2500 size, a new and highly sought-after addition to the Slammer family.
Whether you’re live baiting in the surf, spinning from the rocks, popper fishing a coral reef, deepwater jigging or switchbaiting a billfish, the Slammer IV range won’t let you down. Let the battle begin.
- Full Metal Body, sideplate, and rotor
- Reduced rotor weight
- CNC Gear Technology with brass main gear
- Additional seals to improve IPX6 rated body and spool design
- Sealed Slammer® drag system with Dura-Drag™ (Excluding 2500 size, which features HT-100™ carbon fiber drag washers)
- 8+1 stainless steel bearing system
- Instant Anti-Reverse
- Hydrophobic Line Roller Bearing
- Reduced minimum drag for improved low end smoothness